Walmart Annual Report. Instructions for final project:
- Locate the audited financial statements in the 2019 Walmart Annual Report and 2019 Target Annual Report.
- Using the 2019 income statement, prepare a horizontal analysis for both companies. (you will also need 2018 to complete this step)
- Using the 2019 balance sheet, prepare a vertical analysis for both companies. You can perform this using only the key accounts/subtotals. Ie. Cash, A/R, Inventory, current assets, PP&E, Total Assets, A/P, current liabilities, Debt, Owners Equity. Each company may have a little different account structure, but the main subtotals will be available for both companies.
- Perform the following ratios from chapter 24: Current, Quick, Inventory Turnover, Days of Inventory, Debt to Equity, Interest Coverage, gross profit, operating margin, return on assets,
- List 3 observations from your calculations that demonstrate you have analyzed both companies.
Utilize your resources – textbook – chapter 24, Investopedia.com, yahoo finance, etc.
Submit your project on an excel spreadsheet.
|Assignment turned in using Excel – one sheet for each step answers highlighted.||20%|
|Horizontal Analysis completed correctly – formulas are in the spreadsheet (0 points if formulas are not used)||20%|
|Vertical Analysis completed correctly – formulas are in the spreadsheet (0 points if formulas are not used)||20%|
|Ratios formulas are provided and each number is identified then calculated (see example provided in Moodle)||20%|
|Thoughtful observations are presented that demonstrate an understanding of the meaning of the ratios.||20%|