trauma, grief, chronic illness, domestic violence. For the first part of this discussion, address the following, using your readings and other resources you have identified to support your position:
- Identify a presenting issue that is typically seen at your fieldwork site. This might be something like trauma, grief, chronic illness, domestic violence, and so on.
- Locate at least one article in the current professional literature that discusses evidence-based approaches for working with this type of issue.
- Summarize the key points of the article in your own words (do not use any direct quotations):
- Describe the article’s position on the most effective approaches or interventions that can be used when working with clients who present this type of issue.
- What is your own response to these findings? Are these the types of interventions used at your fieldwork—or that you would consider using yourself?
- What other approaches do you think might also be effective when working with these presenting issues?
- Support your ideas with reference to the literature or specific examples of your own experience in working with clients.
- American Counseling Association (ACA). https://www.counseling.org/
- American Mental Health Counselors Association (AMHCA). https://www.amhca.org/home